The Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation is working with the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida delivering boxes of food to our neediest seniors in Brevard County. The boxes will be safely delivered to seniors bi-weekly with a combination of produce, perishable and frozen foods. This new program follows the Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation’s Meals of Love program that delivered over 50,000 restaurant-prepared meals to our seniors during the pandemic.
Emergency Food/Home Delivery Screening Tool
1. Are you able to leave the house to the nearest food pantry? Why not?
2. Do you have a relative, neighbor, friend, coworker, or anyone that can pick up at a food pantry for you?
3. Do you or anyone in your household have access to transportation?
4. How were you getting food before?
5. How many days of food do you have left?
6. Are you or someone in your household able to safely prepare meals?
7. Do you have a stove? Refrigerator? Hot plate? Microwave/Etc.?
8. How many in your household including yourself? Children, seniors, disabled?
9. Do you or someone in your household have any specific dietary needs? Food allergies?